Sunday, October 31, 2021

This One's Got Pictures

 

...would not exist without edits and support from Eric Theis (most chapters), Brian Ridley (16, 17, 28, 30, 33), Sister Claire (8, 17), and Neighbor Beth (34). You made some good stuff better, which it needed to be. Thanks! 

I also need to credit all the friends who are quoted, pictured, or fictionalized in this book. Joel, Ian, Ray... Plus the H2Bro crew of Matt, Willow, Chris, Bill, Max, Josh, Bryan, Kat, and Jeff. I can't forget Jake, Jason, Jen, and Amanda. I asked all of you to be characters in my stories, and none of you Maced me. In fact, you said yes--which was really quite lovely. 

My mom and dad have never failed in making me feel unconditionally loved. My two brothers and sister learned a lot from them, and we return the gift of unconditional love to our parents, each other, my nephew and niece, my sister-in-law--the whole family. Hugs City. 

Pat, Niki, Seth, Ben, Al, Beth & Mike (Go Pack Go), Nick, Sabrina, OE, Boone, the Fergs--consider yourselves thanked for being great friends. 

Dammit, now the orchestra's trying to shoo me offstage. Typical orchestra bullshit. 

My Uncle John set the bar high for uncles everywhere, and he helped me get writing opportunities at the Shepherd Express. Thanks to Tyler and Matt W. at Milwaukee Record too. You're outrageously talented and hardworking. 

Pam, you're the best teacher of all time. Just one man's opinion. Briana, if every writer needs a counselor, I'm glad I got the best. 

Shoutout to my exes! My initials are NO. I could see that being a red flag. I'm thankful for the time we shared. Sorry about the crappy stuff. 

Will you give it a rest with the violins, orchestra?! We're trying to have a moment here. 

OK, in the Venn diagram of reader and writer, I hope we've got some overlap. 

Much love to Colin and the Bares family. This book is dedicated, with tears of appreciation for the life she lived, to Mary Bares. 

But wait, it gets sadder. On Groundhog Day of 2022, my dad passed. That's the hardest thing I've ever had to accept. I'm wrecked. I promised my dad we'd be strong without him. I'm gonna honor that promise even when I don't feel like it. 

 

Let's Dance.

No comments: