Sunday, June 11, 2023

Top 40 Albums*


 The * is there to note that I'm not repeating any artists. For instance, I could include more than one Radiohead or Beck record in my top 40, but nah, I wanna give spots to others. 

I'm 40! So I'm doing top 40 lists this year. My big takeaway is that these things are always flawed... Perfect!

I didn't put these in a specific order. I worked pretty quickly to get it over with. In general, my personal no-brainers appear towards the top. 

If something clicks for you, that's outstanding. I just dig into lil' projects, spit 'em out, and move onto the next one. 

Shoutout to these great artists. 

Even the dead ones? you may ask.

Especially the dead ones. 

One more thing.

Ugh, Jesus. What?

Is this just going to be pointless doom scrolling? 

Alright, that's actually a great question. Doom scrolling is running amok and screwing up our minds. The best way to avoid it is by listening to Who Needs More Content? on Spotify. It's content, without the doom scrolling. 

Now I feel dirty.

Well, get yourself clean by listening to Nick's stories on Spotify. You want a shirt that reads "Who Needs More Content?" Cool, make one. 

Anyway, here's the list:

OK Computer by Radiohead

Odelay by Beck

London Calling by The Clash

Exile on Main St. by The Rolling Stones

The white album by The Beatles

Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin

Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple

Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd

self-titled/ The Ramones

Nevermind by Nirvana

Yield by Pearl Jam

Check Your Head by Beastie Boys

The blue album by Weezer

Dookie by Green Day

Axis: Bold As Love by Jimi Hendrix

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon

Is This It by The Strokes

Elephant by The White Stripes

The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse

Homogenic by Bjork

Violator by Depeche Mode

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie

White Pony by Deftones

Speakerboxx/ The Love Below by Outkast

Swimming by Mac Miller

Bringing It All Back Home by Bob Dylan

Willy and the Poor Boys by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age

Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest

Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys

Comfort Eagle by Cake

Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins

self-titled/ Vampire Weekend

From a Basement on the Hill by Elliott Smith

Pleased to Meet Me by The Replacements

Funeral by Arcade Fire

Stop Making Sense by Talking Heads

Live at Folsom Prison by Johnny Cash

Whatever People Say about Me, That's What I'm Not by Arctic Monkeys

Random Access Memories by Daft Punk


No comments: